The following nonprofits, operating in the area of Healthcare & Social Work, have appeared at Houston Philanthropy Circle Symposiums. We have requested their specific needs during this pandemic crisis, and share them here with you so that you can review them here and reach out directly to the nonprofits.
Services Offered: Angela House is a therapeutic transitional living facility for women leaving incarceration.
Specific Needs: Financial support to help current & former clients impacted by the coronavirus pandemic, paper goods & disinfectant supplies
- Ms. Kristin Guiney, Executive Director
- Phone (281) 445-9696, Fax (281) 501-2723
- 6725 Reed Rd., Houston, Texas 77087
Arrow Child & Family Ministries
Services Offered: Arrow serves traumatized children in foster care and residential treatment facilities (RTC), including sex trafficked kids.
Specific Needs: Arrow needs prayer, funds, PPEs, as our staff continues on the front lines in RTCs and home visits upon placement of a child.
- Mrs. Debi Tengler, Chief Relations Officer
- (281) 210-1571
- 2929 FM 2920, Spring, Texas 77388
Bridges to Life
Services Offered: We conduct a restorative justice rehabilitation program in over 100 prisons and adult rehab centers. (75% are in Texas)
Specific Needs: We have laid off 15% of our staff and reduced remaining salaries by 20% or more. We need funding to maintain our staff.
- Mr. John Sage, Founder & CEO
- Phone (713) 463-7200; Fax (713) 909-3003
- PO Box 570895, Houston, Texas 77057-0895
Casa El Buen Samaritano
Services Offered: Casa offers health care services to uninsured individuals. We offer care primarily to adults but also a handful of children.
Specific Needs: Funds to cover the added costs of providing telehealth and remote lab services.
- Mrs. Julissa Chappell , Executive Director
- (832) 863-6449
- 14060 Dublin Street, Houston, Texas 77085
CHRISTUS Foundation for HealthCare
Services Offered: Primary care services at St. Mary’s Clinic and Point of Light Clinic. Homeless needs at Our Daily Bread in Galveston.
Specific Needs: Funding to help:
– Healthy food for two meals a day and basic needs at Our Daily Bread
– PPE items for clinical staff
- Mr. James A Nicas, Chief Director of Development
- (713) 803-1809
- 2615 Fannin, 3rd Floor, Houston, Texas 77002
Services Offered: CWC transitions people released from Texas’ prisons, with holistic mental/spiritual support, and wraparound social services.
Specific Needs: 1. Investors to finalize purchase of 3rd property to serve as group home
2. $45k loss-043020 fundraiser cancelled
- Ms. Kathryn A Vosburg, Executive Director/President
- (832) 563-7739
- 2103 N. Main St., Houston, Texas 77009
Services Offered: Elijah Rising is ending sex trafficking through prayer, awareness, intervention, and long-term, trauma-informed restoration.
Specific Needs: We desperately need internet service at the restoration campus, which is located in rural Fort Bend County. Estimate=$15,000
- Mr. Adam J Chaney, Development Director
- (832) 628-3439
- 2717 N Sabine Street, Houston, Texas 77009
Services Offered: We educate, equip, and inspire youth within the juvenile justice system through a publication called FREESTYLE magazine.
Specific Needs: We need annual sponsors to provide magazines to incarcerated teens at $5 per copy. We have 2,250 youth in need of sponsorship.
- Tera Swigart, Executive Director
- (832) 423-3126
- P.O. Box 580668, Houston, Texas 77258
Services Offered: WeWe offer “in office” or video Telehealth services for mental/spiritual health. We adjust our fees as needed, and welcome all.
Specific Needs: Beyond financial support for those guests who are currently having financial difficulties, we need a touch free thermometer.
- Dr. Ken Buckle, Executive Director
- (832) 532-0129
- 10707 Corporate Dr, Ste 135, Stafford, Texas 77477
Essential needs to survivors of human trafficking, case management/safety planning via phone, assistance finding shelter.
Hygiene items (shampoo, body wash, deodorant), cleaning supplies (spray, wipes), bras/underwear, disposable masks & gloves
- Ms. Hilary Sherrer, Communications Manager
- (713) 766-1111
Magnificat Houses, Inc.
Services Offered: Residential services (e.g. food) to 160 residents in our 16 houses and online mental health support to 200+ Clubhouse members
Specific Needs: Donate through MHI’s website to support residential and mental health services. And, grants available for general operations.
- Ms. Mary M. Lampe, Senior Grant Writer
PLUR Life Ministries
Services Offered: Sharing the Gospel with Millennials and Gen Z’ers at raves.
Specific Needs: Prayer and financial support. We have shifted to online/social media evangelism & ministry while Colleen recovers.
- Rev. Rob Myers, Pastor/President
- (909) 273-4867
- PO Box 953, Lake Arrowhead, California 92352
Prison Entrepreneurship Program
Services Offered: Through character development, business education, and post-release support, PEP transforms the lives of convicted felons.
Specific Needs: PEP’s recently released clients have been hit hard by layoffs. We’re ensuring housing/food support and employment counseling.
- Mr. Jason Leon Wright, Foundation and Corporate Partnerships
- (214) 478-1255
- P.O. Box 926274, Houston, Texas 77292-6274
Santa Maria Hostel
Services Offered: residential addiction recovery and housing for women and their children (300+), outpatient behavioral health services
Specific Needs: clorox wipes; bleach; masks; diapers and baby wipes; arts/crafts and games to occupy the families; financial contributions
- Ms. Marcia Chaney, Development Director
- (832) 236-8611
- 2605 Parker Road, Houston, Texas 77093
Thank you for considering the needs of these nonprofits. Please check back regularly for updated needs.