The following nonprofits, operating in the area of Poverty & Resilience, have appeared at Houston Philanthropy Circle Symposiums. We have requested their specific needs during this pandemic crisis, and share them here with you so that you can review them here and reach out directly to the nonprofits.
Services Offered: Take away meal service seven days a week for individuals experiencing homelessness.
Laundry and showers on a limited basis
Specific Needs: Info on financial resources that will be available, guidance on what the future of philanthropy will look like.
- Mrs. Julie Falcon, Chief Advancement Officer
- (713) 408-0177
- 1117 Texas Street, Houston, Texas 77002
The Brookwood Community
Services Offered: Residential and day program for 235 adults with intellectual disabilities. Currently 60 are on campus and 175 are at home.
Specific Needs: Funds for technology enhancements to communicate from home, such as Zoom, iPads, laptops, and also General Operating support
- Carol Thornburg, Chief Advancement Officer
- (281) 375-2110
Casa Juan Diego
Services Offered: Housing for immigrants and refugees. Food to many. Rental assistance for paralyzed and sick immigrants
Specific Needs: Funds for assistance to paralyzed and very ill
immigrants and refugees so they will not be on the street.
- Louise Zwick, Director
- Phone (713) 869-7376 , Fax (713) 864-7295
- P. O. Box 70113, Texas Houston 77007
Christian Community Service Center (CCSC)
Services Offered: 2 Emergency Services locations provide food & financial help; clients have tripled since COVID-19. Job-seeking services.
Specific Needs: Funding for Emergency Services (Food Pantries, Financial Assistance), Job-Net, & new building in order to serve more/better.
- Ms. Sharon A Current, Development Director
- (713) 961-3993
- 3501 W. Alabama St., CCSC Administrative Office, Houston, Texas 77027
Services Offered: Transitional housing, case management, counseling, tangible resources, and referrals for single-mother families in crisis.
Specific Needs: Monetary support to help current & former clients negatively impacted by COVID-19, and paper goods & disinfectant supplies.
- Jenny Rice Cotton, President
- Phone (713) 988-9757, Fax (713) 988-3657
- 1617 Elmview Dr, Houston, Texas 77080
LifeHouse of Houston
Services Offered: Housing, Food, Emergency Assistance to single moms, Diapers, Formula, Bible study virtually, Counseling virtually.
Specific Needs: 60 NLT bibles, 60 children’s picture bibles, & house cleaning supplies (i.e., all-purpose cleaner, paper towels, etc.)
- Meredith A Phillips , CEO
- (281) 773-6296
- 2010 North Loop West, Suite 240, Houston, Texas 77018
Living Water International
Services Offered: Demonstrating the love of God through safe water access, sanitation and hygiene promotion, church and community mobilization.
Specific Needs: To prevent spread of COVID-19, we need funds to provide access to safe water and expand sanitation and hygiene activities.
- Mrs. Ruth Githumbi, Director, Philanthropy
- (832) 538-8647
- 4001 Greenbriar Dr., Stafford, Texas 77477
Memorial Assistance Ministries
Services Offered: MAM is offering critical financial assistance for families unable to meet their basic needs, employment help & Mental Health Counseling.
Specific Needs: Your financial support will allow MAM to provide rent and utility assistance and/or gift cards to purchase basic need items.
- Sandy Staffeld, Vice President of Fund Development
- (402) 680-6607
- 1625 Blalock Road, Houston, Texas 77080
The Mission of Yahweh
Services Offered: The Mission of Yahweh offers shelter & many life changing programs focused on ending the cycle of homelessness and dependency
Specific Needs: Produce, dish soap, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, diapers, wipes, and lost financing (cancelled fundraiser).
- Richard Hill, Executive Director
- (281) 705-4400
- 10247 Algiers Rd., Houston, Texas 77041
Northwest Assistance Ministries
Services Offered: Emergency Basic Needs, Food Pantry, Meals on Wheels, Family Violence Center and Pediatric Health Center
Specific Needs: We can always use financial support. We need cereal, infrared no-touch thermometers and hand sanitizer.
- Mr. Brian Carr, Chief Advancement Officer
- (281) 885-4605
- 15555 Kuykendahl Rd., Houston, Texas 77090
SEARCH Homeless Services
Services Offered: Street outreach to people who are homeless and stabilizing support to recently housed individuals/families in 800 apartments.
Specific Needs: Funds to purchase cell phones for residents with no other means to connect, food, water, hygiene items, cleaning supplies
- Ms. Chelsea Wade, Strategic Gifts Officer
- (713) 374-3205
- 2015 Congress, Houston, Texas 77002
Society of St. Vincent de Paul Houston
Services Offered: We are providing direct aid, such as food and financial assistance to many in need in the 10 county region
Specific Needs: Food , financial assistance and volunteers at this critical time we are enduring with Covid 19
- Mrs. Jenni Granero, Director of Development
- Phone (832) 571-5244 , Fax (832) 538-0325
- 2403 Holcombe, Houston, Texas 77021
Wesley Community Center
Services Offered: Food Pantry (W, F 9-12), meals to vulnerable seniors, case management, emergency assistance, financial and job coaching.
Specific Needs: Funding for emergency financial assistance (rent, food, utilities) for people losing jobs or losing work hours.
- Ms. Amy Corron, President & CEO
- (713) 821-8912
- 1410 Lee Street, Houston, Texas 77009
West Houston Assistance Ministries
Services Offered: Food, cleaning and hygiene supplies, financial assistance for rent, mortgage and utilities, and re-employment assistance.
Specific Needs: Funds to keep up with the huge need for food, rent, utilities, and employment assistance; gloves, hand sanitizer, and N95 masks.
- Mercedes Santos-Garay, Director of Development and Communications
- (832) 266-1489
- 10501 Meadowglen Lane, Houston, Texas 77042
Thank you for considering the needs of these nonprofits. Please check back regularly for updated needs.