The following nonprofits, operating in the area of Education, have appeared at Houston Philanthropy Circle Symposiums. We have requested their specific needs during this pandemic crisis, and share them here with you so that you can review them here and reach out directly to the nonprofits.
Catholic Schools of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
Services Offered: We will provide 8 weeks of breakfast and lunch to Inner City Catholic School students over the summer.
Specific Needs: We need financial support to fund the meal program to serve over 1,300 students, and tuition assistance for the coming year.
- Mrs. Debra Haney, Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- (713) 391-2629
- 1700 San Jacinto St., Houston, Texas 77002-8216
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
Services Offered: Only high school in Houston that provides a private college prep education exclusively for low-income families.
Specific Needs: Most families pay just $25 a month in tuition. Scholarship support is greatly needed; work-study jobs are also much needed.
- Mrs. Bee Schneidau Dickson, Executive Director, Community Engagement
- Phone (713) 303-0060 , Fax (281) 501-3485
- 6700 Mount Carmel Street, Houston, Texas 77087
Services Offered: In 3rd Ward, early education & afterschool, with social emotional learning. Focus on mental health of children and families.
Specific Needs: Donations to sustain operations and ensure online learning technology needs are available. Grocery gift cards for families.
- Mr. Mike Malkemes, CEO & Founder
- (281) 627-1837
- 3805 Burkett Street, Houston, Texas 77004
Houston Achievement Place
Services Offered: In school & online Project CLASS (Children Learning Appropriate Social Skills) services to: Improve Children’s Behavior.
Specific Needs: Due to extremely high demand for our online services, we are developing additional resources & are seeking $20,000.
- Mr. Paul Gilford, Executive Director
- Phone (713) 410-4300; Fax (713) 868-4823
- 245 W 17th Street, Houston, Texas 77008
Houston Welcomes Refugees
Services Offered: Starting essentials (Welcome Kits) and friendship (volunteer Welcome Teams) for refugees recently resettled in Houston.
Specific Needs: In-Kind or Financial Donation for Welcome Kits: Greatest needs are currently Kitchen Kits and Cleaning kits ($100 per kit)
- Mrs. Bekah Gilmore, Administrative Coordinator
- 946 W 17th Street, Houston, Texas 77008
Services Offered: We’re connecting churches with schools so that every child has the physical, emotional, and spiritual resources they need.
Specific Needs: Connecting us with church leaders who would like to serve their local schools. 90 schools have asked for church partners.
- Marilyn Lee, Executive Director
Prestige Learning Institute
Services Offered: Food Assistance; Online Pilot of ESL Classes
Specific Needs: PCs & Laptops for students to engage in online learning;
Funds for providing additional childcare space for social distancing
- Mrs. Kelly Isenberger, Development Director
- (832) 913-9532
San Francisco Nativity Academy of Houston
Services Offered: Free faith-based, extended day and school year education for low income students PreK3- 8th grade in the Gulfton area.
Specific Needs: Student scholarship sponsors for each of our current 80 students to offset our operating expenses.
- Mrs. Julie Koch, Board Chair
- (281) 787-9634
- P.O. Box 36709, Houston, Texas 77236
Small Steps Nurturing Center
Services Offered: Hosting a summer food and supply distribution in mid-June and providing educational materials for summer enrichment.
Specific Needs: Purchasing $50 grocery gift cards to sustain families over the summer and making general donations for operating needs.
- Mrs. Sara B Terry, Development Manager
- (706) 621-9595
- 2902 Jensen Dr, Houston, Texas 77026
University of St. Thomas
Services Offered: Houston’s only Catholic university with a focus on preparing our next generation to be intellectual and ethical leaders.
Specific Needs: Donations to CeltCare Fund to help students with access to digital education, health resources, housing/food, and lost wages.
- Ms. Dawn E. Koenning, Chief Development Officer
- (713) 525-3100
- 3800 Montrose Blvd, Houston, TX 77006
The WorkFaith Connection
Services Offered: -Career Readiness Training (Virtual and In-person Classes)
-1 on 1 Coaching
-Access to Employers and Placement Options
Specific Needs: -Technology Partners/Resources
-Potential Resource Partners
-Build relationships with similar organizations
- Mrs. Ashlyn Analise Cundiff, Development Team
- (713) 401-9630
- 4555 Dacoma Street, Suite 200, Houston, Texas 77092
Thank you for considering the needs of these nonprofits. Please check back regularly for updated needs.